CPD Factory Tours
Our accredited CPD Factory Tour programme is hosted by some of the UK’s leading structural timber solution providers and these sessions are completely FREE to attend.
Our host companies are geographically spread throughout the UK,and have previously included companies such as; Kingspan Timber Solutions, Alexander Timber Design, Scotframe, CCG OSM, Stewart Milne Timber Systems and Innovare Systems.
To view future Factory Tours head to: http://www.structuraltimber.co.uk/events
Each host company follows a set programme of activity to ensure consistency of content and quality. The programme includes a presentation on the benefits of offsite manufacture;
- Office CAD demo - timber frame design and scheduling
- Production information and work orders
- Production planning and outputs
- Factory layout principles
- In coming raw materials
- Procurement principles and sources
- Cross cutting pre assembly and setting out
- Assembly and labelling, stacking and storage
- Finished goods and work in progress
- Loading / shipping product
- Quality checks
- Quality Management Systems
- Waste and re-cycling
- Being safe: health and safety
- Climate: sustainable architecture
- Designing and building it: design, construction, technology and engineering
Knowledge level: General Awareness
CPD session type: Factory visit
Duration: 4 hours
Delegate Cost: FOC
Delivery location: STA member’s factory
Who should attend?
These tours are aimed predominantly at Architects, Clients, Contractors, Housebuilders and Developers.
For factory tour dates and venues - click here to go to our events section