Our mission is to support and facilitate the UK construction industry to increase the use of structural timber, thereby bringing further success to all stakeholders across the entire supply chain.
Raising the bar for sustainability, quality, health and safety, skills training, and technical knowledge across the structural timber sector, the STA was established to drive awareness of the value and benefits structural timber can bring to the construction industry. The STA actively works to promote structural timber solutions through innovation, collaboration, and engagement with our members and their clients, and the wider construction community.
What members can expect:
- Access to the latest health & safety training
- Direct representation with Government & construction sector leaders
- First-class training and education opportunities
- Networking events, trade shows, and conferences
- Engagement with industry experts and professionals across the sector
- Access to a dedicated technical library
- Updated with policy and regulatory requirements
What We Do
The STA is run by a dedicated operations team and a board of directors comprised of leading experts from some of the UK’s leading structural timber companies across the supply chain. We work with members, clients, and stakeholders to ensure we represent the voice of the structural timber sector, with our commitment to grow the market for structural timber by the following means:
- Quality assurance: STA Assure is the backbone that runs through the organisation
- Technical excellence: Driving quality and competency is at the heart of what we do
- Sustainability credentials: Supporting sustainable construction and the drive to Net Zero
- Inclusive: Representing all members equally, regardless of timber technology
- Future proofing: Providing testing and research to ensure our industry is robust and future-proof
STA Assure is the STA’s Quality Assurance Scheme which has been designed to ensure quality and competency in structural timber construction, from design, to manufacture, to installation. The scheme, which includes an independent audit, recognises the accreditations and standards held by our member companies.
The robust assessment process ensures that design, production, and site assembly processes are in line with customers’ expectations for consistent, high levels of quality. STA Assure has received widespread endorsement from all the major warranty providers, ensuring all aspects of the build process benefit from exceptional skill and expertise.
Meet the TEAM
With representatives from some of the UK’s leading structural timber manufacturers and supply chain companies, the Association is run by an operations team and a board of directors.
MEET OUR MEMBERS
The STA represents over 850 businesses operating across the structural timber industry, including suppliers, designers, engineers, manufacturers, erectors and installers.