Why Use an STA Member?
As the largest UK trade association within the structural timber sector, there is a host of reasons why you should choose one of our members. The STA seeks to instill integrity, authority and accountability into the structural timber industry and works to promote,harmonise and raise standards among its members and the sector as a whole. The STA
provides extensive resources to all its members, so you can be confident that the association member you choose will operate to the highest industry standards.
Additionally, all Structural Timber Building Systems providers undergo a strict audit process in order to meet joining criteria.
- Receive regular updates on the latest in regulations and guidance
- Operate to the Site Safe scheme – an initiative to ensure timber construction is both safe and sustainable - click here for more info
- Are supported through professionally produced education, training, technical notes and documents such as the STA’s Timber Frame Estimating Guide,
- Have access to a knowledgeable and dedicated technical support service
- Fully support sustainable construction and quality standards through adherence to our Code of Conduct
The Structural Timber Association has an extensive membership covering a range of businesses engaged in the delivery of structural timber buildings, including the materials supply chain, engineers, designers, manufacturers, erector/installers and associated firms providing support services, such as legal and insurance businesses.
To make it straightforward for you, the customer, to match your specific job or project with a relevant STA member’s technical skillset or area of expertise, we have created differing levels of membership.
Each membership level; Gold, Silver and Bronze, is designed to recognise the differing levels of accreditations held by our members. It is important to note that it is not always feasible, possible or necessary for a member to achieve a Gold level membership. Specific quality requirements differ for each type of member and customer activity depending on the nature of a company’s business; therefore, a Bronze or Silver member may be the most appropriate company for your project requirement.
A full and comprehensive Customer Guide to our Membership Standards is available here
By providing transparency, credibility and accountability, the STA safeguards the interests of end users, enabling them to partner with a reputable firm that will harness the multitude of inherent benefits that structural timber frame offers.