Book your places at Stewart Milne Factory Tour
29th March 2017 at Witney, Oxfordshire
STA factory tours cover the process of timber frame production and
construction from the material store through to the several mechanical
cutting, nailing and finishing procedures to the finished product and
delivery to the yard where they are stacked.
It will also cover how materials are checked and located within the curtilage of the site and stacking according to a construction programme, ready for delivery to the Clients’ site.
Benefits of offsite manufacture presentation:
- Office CAD demo - timber frame design and scheduling
- Production information and work orders
- Production planning and outputs
- Factory layout principles
- In coming raw materials
- Procurement principles and sources
- Cross cutting pre assembly and setting out
- Assembly and labelling, stacking and storage
- Finished goods and work in progress
- Loading / shipping product
- Quality checks
- Quality Management Systems
- Waste and re-cycling
- Being safe: health and safety
- Climate: sustainable architecture
- Designing and building it: design, construction, technology and engineering
Knowledge level: General Awareness
CPD session type: Factory visit
Duration: 4 hours
Delegate Cost: FOC
Delivery location: Stewart Milne Timber Systems in Witney, Oxfordshire
Who should attend?
These tours are aimed predominantly at Architects, Clients, Contractors, Housebuilders and Developers.
NB: Limited places available and places will be given on first come, first serve basis - once your booking is processed an administrator will confirm your place at a later date