STA Shop > SIP Construction - A Useful Pocket Site Guide
This pocket book presents best practice site checks to deliver good build quality for low rise domestic and commercial SIP buildings. The structural method covered is for SIP buildings constructed using the platform frame method of construction, with SIP external wall panels, timber frame internal wall panels, timber floor joists and SIP roof panels.
The principles can be applied to other types and methods of timber buildings - such as pre-insulated and closed panel frame systems. Of course, Health & Safety on the construction site is of significant importance. See the Structural Timber Association website for further information and Health & Safety guidance.
This guide is of use to:
• Project managers
• Frame erectors
• Site managers
• Site inspectors
• Trade trainers
• Building control surveyors
This guide provides:
• Information for the coordination of successful projects
• Design-to-site details
• The build sequence linked to a checklist of ‘What to look for’
• Best practice advice for principal details
• Reference papers and further reading.